Sunday, March 14, 2010

More of The Office (minus Steve Carell)


The BEFORE photo:





(Mary) So I compromised on the wallpaper thing. I stripped the paper off a wall and we put joint compound over the wallpaper seams then sanded the other 3 walls. I tested my "Concrete" by Valspar color on the walls and hated it because it looked almost lilac purple for some reason, ew! (Michelle-I wish I read your suggestion earlier!) I switched to "Cathedral Gray" by Valspar instead. Hopefully we can find a use for the "Concrete" Color elsewhere...homemade paintballs?


Spackeling:


Sanding (sporting my chemistry lab goggles):


Priming:

Starting to paint!

Tada!!!!

Somehow both Zach and I each own a big padded black leather executive office chair however I have found that I would rather sit in a wooden seat when working & studying (must have something to do with being used to the library or Barnes and Noble chairs)...I don't like how the chair swivels around when you are trying to focus on something...

...so I painted my wooden chair white

Semi set up office
(sorry about the picture quality-I have been using my camera phone since we lost our camera charger)


yay painter's tape!

Green accents in the room:


I still need to finish setting up the space but the big stuff is out of the way. Once I touch up the white paint on the trim & doors-this room will be officially done! Maybe I can call in an interior design expert...LORRAN...to help.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! You guys will be painting pro's by the time you get finished with this house!! :)
    Glad you found a color you like...I think picking a paint color is THE hardest part of remodeling...you never know how it's going to look until you get it up there!
    The finished room looks great though!! I ove all the white furniture!
    One idea to add more color: use some roman shades in the windows...if you could get some with a green color/pattern, I'm sure that would look nice.
    So, when you guys get done, can you come out here and do our house? ;)

    ReplyDelete